[DeTomaso] Wondering how California banning fosil fuel in 27 years will impact the long term value of our cars?

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Sep 19 06:55:54 EDT 2018

Let's just fill the Arizona, California, and Nevada deserts with pumped in
Pacific Ocean water to lower the oceans.  Think of all the jobs created by
the salt water fishing tourism industry.  If the elevation is lower than
the ocean, it can even be done like a siphon hose :)

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 7:52 PM, Larry - Cleveland via DeTomaso <

> Oh like this program???
>

> Three years ago, the drought-stricken city of Los Angeles covered the
> surface of the LA Basin with 96 million shade-providing floating balls, in
> order to keep the water beneath from evaporating. Now, an international
> study suggests that the making of the plastic balls may have used up more
> water than they saved.
>

> The "shade balls" were left in place on the reservoir for approximately
> one and a half years, during the latter part of the 2011 - 2017 California
> drought. According to the study, they kept an estimated 1.7 million cubic
> meters (60 million cubic feet) of water from evaporating. Unfortunately,
> however, it is also estimated that production of the balls used up 2.9
> million cubic meters of water (102 million cubic feet). This happened at
> locations where the oil and natural gas used to produce the plastic were
> refined, and where the electricity necessary for production was generated.
>
> In order for the shade balls to save as much water as was used in
> manufacturing them, they would reportedly have to be left on the reservoir
> for at least two and a half years – and that's only if drought conditions
> persisted for the entire period.
>
> Additionally, the study points out that the manufacturing process would
> have had other negative environmental costs, such as the generation of
> carbon emissions and water pollution.
>

> "We are very good at quick technological fixes, but we often overlook the
> long-term and secondary impacts of our solutions," says study co-author Dr.
> Kaveh Madani, from Imperial College London. "This is how the engineering
> community has been solving problems; solving one problem somewhere and
> creating a new problem elsewhere … We are not suggesting that shade balls
> are bad and must not be used. We are just highlighting the fact that the
> environmental cost of shade balls must be considered together with their
> benefits."
>
> The findings of the study, which also included scientists from MIT in the
> US and the University of Twente in the Netherlands, were recently published
> in the journal Nature Sustainability.
>
> Source: Imperial College London
>

> Larry (gots balls) - Cleveland

-------------- next part --------------
   Let's just fill the Arizona, California, and Nevada deserts with pumped
   in Pacific Ocean water to lower the oceans.A  Think of all the jobs
   created by the salt water fishing tourism industry.A  If the elevation

   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
[...]

     reservoir for at least two and a half years a and that's only if
     drought conditions persisted for the entire period.
     Additionally, the study points out that the manufacturing process
     would have had other negative environmental costs, such as the
     generation of carbon emissions and water pollution.
     "We are very good at quick technological fixes, but we often
     overlook the long-term and secondary impacts of our solutions," says
     study co-author Dr. Kaveh Madani, from Imperial College London.
     "This is how the engineering community has been solving problems;
     solving one problem somewhere and creating a new problem elsewhere
     a| We are not suggesting that shade balls are bad and must not be
     used. We are just highlighting the fact that the environmental cost
     of shade balls must be considered together with their benefits."
     The findings of the study, which also included scientists from MIT
     in the US and the University of Twente in the Netherlands, were
     recently published in the journal Nature Sustainability.
     Source: Imperial College London
     Larry (gots balls) - Cleveland
     in 27 years will impact the long term value of our cars?
     MoonBeam and his Cronies are Pushing more and more Businesses and
     Tax Paying Citizens Out of this State! Looking at Out of State
     Property Myself! These California Turds in Office need to be
     Flushed!
     A  A  On Monday, September 17, 2018 6:49 PM, Ken Green via DeTomaso
     A  A Sounds like Brown signed the bill today?
     A  A friend who works for an electric company said rates will go way
     up.
     A  Ken
     etc.) use the links above.

   use the links above.