[DeTomaso] NPC NPC NPC Wondering how California banning fosil fuel in 27 years will impact the long term value of our cars?

Larry Larsen gp4pantera at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:59:22 EDT 2018

Google the name... Charles Nelson Pogue, followed by Tom Ogle.
Both developed carburetors that allowed vehicles to go 200 miles to a
gallon.  Oil companies then put lead, (later banned) then later other
fillers to muck up the working of vapor carburation.  You tube "vapor
carburetors" and you can see the concepts.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018, 1:59 PM Ken Green via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   Google the name... Charles Nelson Pogue, followed by Tom Ogle.
   Both developed carburetors that allowed vehicles to go 200 miles to a
   gallon.A  Oil companies then put lead, (later banned) then later other
   fillers to muck up the working of vapor carburation.A  You tube "vapor
   carburetors" and you can see the concepts.A

   On Tue, Sep 18, 2018, 1:59 PM Ken Green via DeTomaso

     A  A I kinda recall that Who Framed Roger Rabbit was loosely based
     on GM
     A  A buying and closing the LA light rail/street cars?
     A  A
     A __________________________________________________________________
     A  A From: "Himes, Terry (397C)" <[2]Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov>
     A  A To: Will Kooiman <[3]will.kooiman at gmail.com>; Rob Dumoulin
     A  A <[4]rob at dumoulins.net>; JFFR <[5]pantera at vtc.net>
     A  A Cc: P - Mail List <[6]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
     A  A Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:31 PM
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] NPC NPC NPC Wondering how California
     banning
     A  A fosil fuel in 27 years will impact the long term value of our
     cars?
     A  A Agreed!A  Politics and Nonsense!!A  That's all it is.A  We
     (technically)
     A  A can solve anything. But you need to take the
     A  A brain-dead politics out of it.A  Other forms of energy will
     (hopefully)
     A  A "reduce" our dependence on fossil fuels.
     A  A If you wanna know what we (yes HUMANS) are doing to this
     planet, come
     A  A to JPL and I will give you a tour of the
     A  A Earth Sciences Center.A  Pure unaltered science data from the
     last 75
     A  A years before your very eyes. Projected on a
     A  A 20ft globe of the earth. If you don't get it by then, well....
     A  A OBTW -A  Don't like regulations? Plan a trip to any Chinese
     industrial
     A  A area. I still remember LA Brown-outs. Orange
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A pollution so thick they sent kids home
     from school. You
     A  A couldn't even see the mountains.A  A  A  Lovely.
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A My friend (Thomas) works for Fitbit.
     All are built in
     A  A China. He wears a mask every day while on-site.
     A  A OBTW OBTW - Why no Mass Transit in LA? Read the LA History
     Books. In
     A  A the early 30's (besides the massive corruption)
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A the car and rubber
     industry, wanting to
     A  A sell more cars, formed small companies, bought all the
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A light-rail and
     dismantled them. Sold the
     A  A land. They got their wish. A lot more cars. Now the tax payers
     A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A are paying billions to
     bring back trains.
     A  A Hmmm?A  What vision!
     A  A Take the politics out of it... and do the right thing!
     A  A </off-soap-box ;->
     A  A Terry
     A  A "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,
     A  A stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
     A  A Terry W. Himes
     A  A JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
     A  A Dawn Spacecraft Team
     A  A Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
     A  A Phone: (818) 393-6261
     A  A Cell:A  A  (818) 653-8213
     A  A [1][7]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
     A  A d--od-,
     A  A i>>?On 9/18/18, 12:19 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Will Kooiman"
     A  A <[2][8]detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of
     A  A [3][9]will.kooiman at gmail.com> wrote:
     A  A  A  A ThatA^1s a cool solution (2 lakes).
     A  A  A  A IA^1ve thought about a similar energy storage system for
     an
     A  A off-grid system.
     A  A  A  A IA^1ll never do it, but IA^1ve often wondered if it were
     possible.
     A  A  A  A I heard years ago that we had enough natural gas in the
     US to
     A  A provide
     A  A  A  A power to the US for 300 years.A  I donA^1t know if
     thatA^1s actually
     A  A true, but
     A  A  A  A itA^1s an interesting idea.
     A  A  A  A If the US would stop with all of the politics and
     nonsense, we
     A  A could
     A  A  A  A create an energy infrastructure that makes sense.A  Use
     all
     A  A available
     A  A  A  A energy sources.
     A  A  A  A On 9/18/18, 12:39 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Rob
     Dumoulin"
     A  A  A  A <[4][10]detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on
     behalf of
     A  A [5][11]rob at dumoulins.net>
     A  A  A  A wrote:
     A  A  A  A >A  I did some IT work for a mid-western electrical
     company.AA  They
     A  A had two
     A  A  A  A >A  lakes separated by a dam (one high elevation and one
     low). In
     A  A  A  A >A  high-demand, they would let the reservoir flow
     through the dam
     A  A to
     A  A  A  A >A  generate power during peak then pump it back into the
     higher
     A  A reservoir
     A  A  A  A >A  at night when it was off peak.AA  A
     A  A  A  A >A  Kind of like an inefficient kinetic energy perpetual
     motion
     A  A machine to
     A  A  A  A >A  even out capacity vs. demand.AA  True statement that
     the first
     A  A person or
     A  A  A  A >A  individual that comes up with a viable no-loss
     electrical
     A  A storage
     A  A  A  A >A  system will be rich.
     A  A  A  A >A  Rob DuMoulin
     A  A  A  A >A  904.476.8744
     A  A  A  A >A  On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:25 AM, JFFR
     <[1][6][12]pantera at vtc.net>
     A  A wrote:
     A  A  A  A >
     A  A  A  A >A  A  Electric rates going up is an understatement! I
     also worked my
     A  A  A  A >A  A  entire life in the electric generating industry
     and I can
     A  A honestly
     A  A  A  A >A  A  say that all of these new regulations end up
     costing the rate
     A  A payers
     A  A  A  A >A  A  a lot of money. California currently gets a lot of
     electricity
     A  A from
     A  A  A  A >A  A  Nevada, Arizona and Utah and much of which is
     generated by
     A  A coal.
     A  A  A  A >A  A  There is also a bill coming up in November for
     Arizona to be
     A  A using
     A  A  A  A >A  A  100 percent renewable electricity by a certain
     year.
     A  A  A  A >A  A  People fail to understand that when the sun
     doesn't shine and
     A  A the
     A  A  A  A >A  A  wind doesn't blow, all of these nice renewable
     energy sources
     A  A stop
     A  A  A  A >A  A  producing power. Until someone comes up with a
     battery storage
     A  A  A  A >A  A  system that can supply power to the grid after
     dark, having
     A  A 100
     A  A  A  A >A  A  percent renewable electric power is only a dream.
     Of course if
     A  A  A  A >A  A  people are willing to put up with blackouts, then
     this might
     A  A work.
     A  A  A  A >A  A  Until then, fossil fuel generated electricity is
     going to be
     A  A here.
     A  A  A  A >A  A  _______________________________________________
     A  A  A  A >A  A  Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A  A  A >A  A  Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A  A  A >A  A  DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A  A  A >A  A  [2][7][13]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A  A  A >A  A
     [3][8][14]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso
     A  A  A  A >A  A  To manage your subscription (change email address,
     A  A unsubscribe,
     A  A  A  A >A  A  etc.) use the links above.
     A  A  A  A >A  A  Members who post to this list grant license to the
     list to
     A  A forward
     A  A  A  A >A  A  any message posted here to all past, current, or
     future
     A  A members of
     A  A  A  A >A  A  the list. They also grant the list owner
     permission to
     A  A maintain an
     A  A  A  A >A  A  archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
     A  A  A  A >
     A  A  A  A >References
     A  A  A  A >
     A  A  A  A >A  1. mailto:[9][15]pantera at vtc.net
     A  A  A  A >A  2. mailto:[10][16]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A  A  A >A  3.
     A  A  A  A >_______________________________________________
     A  A  A  A >
     A  A  A  A >
     A  A  A  A >Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A  A  A >Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A  A  A >DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A  A  A >[12][18]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A  A
     A >[13][19]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso
     A  A  A  A >
     A  A  A  A >To manage your subscription (change email address,
     unsubscribe,
     A  A etc.) use
     A  A  A  A >the links above.
     A  A  A  A >
     A  A  A  A >Members who post to this list grant license to the list
     to forward
     A  A any
     A  A  A  A >message posted here to all past, current, or future
     members of the
     A  A list.
     A  A  A  A >They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
     archive
     A  A or
     A  A  A  A >approve the archiving of list messages.
     A  A  A  A _______________________________________________
     A  A  A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A  A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A  A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A  A  A [14][20]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A  A
     A [15][21]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso
     A  A  A  A To manage your subscription (change email address,
     unsubscribe,
     A  A etc.) use the links above.
     A  A  A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list
     to forward
     A  A any message posted here to all past, current, or future members
     of the
     A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
     archive
     A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.
     A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [16][22]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
     forward any