[DeTomaso] Wondering how California banning fosil fuel in 27 years will impact the long term value of our cars?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:00:39 EDT 2018

Using gravity makes a lot more sense than batteries.  The train track idea
is another interesting idea.

As I¹ve said before, I loved my Insight, but the batteries only lasted
about 70,000 miles, and the cost to replace was about $1,000.  Panasonic
quit making the batteries used by the Insight, so the price remained
around $1,000, but the poor quality of the non-professional replacements
only lasted about 50,000 miles.  So, the batteries were always the biggest
issue.

Maybe California/Nevada should use solar to refill Lake Mead from sea
water, along with a desalination plant.  This could address drought
problems, lower sea levels to appease global warming alarmists, and
provide clean energy for tree huggers.  Build a system and prove that it
works before you damn everyone else.  You don¹t make things better by
making everything you dislike illegal.

Off soap box now.   (reference lost on millennials)

On 9/18/18, 4:07 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Konrad Szwab"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of kszwab at gmail.com>