[DeTomaso] Wondering how California banning fosil fuel in 27 years will impact the long term value of our cars?

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Tue Sep 18 09:25:22 EDT 2018

Electric rates going up is an understatement! I also worked my entire
life in the electric generating industry and I can honestly say that all
of these new regulations end up costing the rate payers a lot of money.
California currently gets a lot of electricity from Nevada, Arizona and
Utah and much of which is generated by coal. There is also a bill coming
up in November for Arizona to be using 100 percent renewable electricity
by a certain year.

People fail to understand that when the sun doesn't shine and the wind
doesn't blow, all of these nice renewable energy sources stop producing
power. Until someone comes up with a battery storage system that can
supply power to the grid after dark, having 100 percent renewable
electric power is only a dream. Of course if people are willing to put
up with blackouts, then this might work. Until then, fossil fuel
generated electricity is going to be here.