[DeTomaso] The Restoration Files - Flush Windshield v/v Stock

Michael Cox coxmichaelt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 00:23:59 EDT 2018

Mike said:
> Since the body will be down to bare, and I need to replace my windshield
> anyway, I'm debating going to a flush unit.  Denny Finn will be doing the
> resto.

I was in the same position when I repainted my car. Hall was just starting
his version of the flush windshield while my car was there for a strip and
paint. Since I was replacing the windshield and rubber anyway the cost
was minor. I was also adding the Hall upper and lower chassis stiffening
kit so it was an easy choice for me. My car is French Blue with chrome
blacked out so I wasn't concerned with the possible visual  issue mentioned
about no chrome around the windshield.

I personally think it looks more modern and clean but I wasn't concerned
with keeping my car original. Since you have time (Ha!) I'm sure you'll
make the right decision for you and be happy with the result.

Good luck!

   --michael cox