[DeTomaso] The Restoration Files - Flush Windshield v/v Stock

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 03:39:02 EDT 2018

Larry Stock has a dozen of both the plain, uncut windshield gaskets and the OEM type with the slits in it to retain chrome trim, on the shelf at Pantera Parts Connection. Like you, Julian and Roland, I like the plain black look for the windshield surround. I never saw the sense in adding ss trim to a black gasket, then grit-blasting it so it could be painted black.  Especially given the trouble it takes to put that trim back properly after a windshield change. Mine never fit right afterwards, so I left it off. The gasket slits are not noticeable at 50 ft- which is what my old paint job is as well.
FWIW- J DeRyke