[DeTomaso] Oil cooler question

Robert Stroj npdrs at maui.net
Tue Sep 11 17:35:33 EDT 2018

On my car it seems really super effective....I can see this by the total
temperature behavior, as following:

I got my cooling fans wired as following; left water cooler fan is automatic
thermo switch.
Fan switch on the center console turns right water cooler switch in first
position and both, water cooler and oil cooler switches in second position.

When stuck in stop-and-go traffic I always flip my water cooler fan switch
on but my water temperature usually still starts rising above 200F mark.
I then flip the switch to second position and can see instant drop, not only
in oil temperature but also soon it effects water temperature....

Bear in mind that my car has dry sump with about 10 quarts of oil in the
system, but I think the same would apply to regular wet sump engine.

Also, it is important to consider that my cooler is pretty large (it is as
tall as whole wheel shield) and we added additional louvers on the shield
along the whole height.

Robert