[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Pantera Brake Bleeding tips

Mark Tumbarello ollerabmut at msn.com
Sun Sep 9 23:35:22 EDT 2018

I had the same problem for a couple years. Even after using a power bleeder, it stiil remained the same. I finally decided to fix the problem once and for all. Using the usual sequence, passenger rear, drivers rear, passenger front, drivers front
To do this I removed each caliper place a block of wood between the pads tapped them with a dead blow while turning them in all directions then upright and bleed. Got lots of air pockets that would not let go otherwise . Tap all the lines as you move along from caliper to caliper.
Now they'll put you through the windshield.
Now with no air in the system the power bleeder works great when I need to change and flush old fluid to new. I use a suction device to empty the reservoir fill with new fluid and let the power bleeder do the rest following the above sequence .

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone