[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Pantera Brake Bleeding tips

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Sep 9 22:58:43 EDT 2018

Hi Chuck,
Are you using a pressure bleeder?
Have you made sure all fittings are good and snug so air isn't getting
in anywhere?
Have you mounted the correct caliper on the correct side?
Are you bleeding all four wheels? (one at a time of course)
Are you still getting bubbles in the fluid, out at the caliper?

Four quarts is a lot to go through.  If you are still getting air at the
caliper when you bleed, then it's gotta be getting in somewhere.  If you
aren't getting bubbles, then you might be done, despite the fact your
pedal feels softer.  I might be you're used to fighting that seized
caliper.  ??

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
******************************
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com

[1]http://w7tsc.org
[2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com

                          My stock Girling brakes suffered a seized
   caliper.  I re-built the brakes with the help of Asa Jay's techno brake
   article and Mike Dailey's Pantera Place.   I have installed the brakes
   and spent half the weekend and over four quarts of brake fluid trying
   to get the air out.   I still have a softish pedal.

                          I seem to recall some trick about tapping the
   steel brake lines to help the air find its way out.  Are there any tips
   to hasten the process?   I did go and buy two more quarts.  Sigh.

                                           Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.