[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Pantera Brake Bleeding tips

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Sep 9 21:37:50 EDT 2018

Dear Forum,

                       My stock Girling brakes suffered a seized caliper.  I
re-built the brakes with the help of Asa Jay's techno brake article and Mike
Dailey's Pantera Place.   I have installed the brakes and spent half the
weekend and over four quarts of brake fluid trying to get the air out.   I
still have a softish pedal.

                       I seem to recall some trick about tapping the steel
brake lines to help the air find its way out.  Are there any tips to hasten
the process?   I did go and buy two more quarts.  Sigh.

                                        Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles