[DeTomaso] Front hood latch

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 16:21:55 EDT 2018

Forest is sorta right. No one ever located a cross-reference for the latch mechanism. But in TSB Bulletin 6, art. 65, they list a reinforced latch pin 'kit', p/n D36Y-16929-A, for the std latch. Owners have approx. a zero chance of locating this little "kit" after 45+ years. Ford said it was the result of slamming the front hood to close it, bending the OEM pin. FWIW, I think it's simply from age flexing the pin or the front hood metal no matter how easy you do it.