[DeTomaso] Radiator

Steve steve at snclocks.com
Mon Oct 29 12:23:08 EDT 2018

Ahhh - I was wondering who would respond.  I posed this question to a group
of PhD metallurgists who worked for me for a time while developing a novel
titanium alloy - with a focus on enhanced corrosion resistance.  Whilst it
possible that their combined wisdom is in error, I sort of doubt it.  But
then, their department was focused on preventing corrosion and scale
deposition in the brine-processing industry.

So, what is the difference between "softened water" and DI water?  Well, the
first is partially deionized.  The second, well, it is deionized.
https://www.portablewatersoftener.com/faq/water-softener-faq/what-is-the-dif
ference-between-a-water-softener-and-deionizer

So, what you use is up to you - I go for DI - but then, wife is a PhD
chemist out of Notre Dame and I am a chemical engineer with experience in
the brine-processing industry.

As all of us know - your mileage may vary!

Stephen