[DeTomaso] Radiator

billmoore6480 billmoore6480 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 18:48:08 EDT 2018

I have a Quella and a whole lotta miles (35K plus) and nary a problem, touch wood.Bill Moore 403-860-4300Calgary, Alberta
-------- Original message --------From: Gray Gregory <rgg at gregorycook.com> Date: 2018-10-27  4:29 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com Subject: [DeTomaso]  Radiator -----Original Message-----From: Gray Gregory Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:20 PMTo: Mike Drew <MikeLDrew at aol.com>; sean mundy <seanmundy at hotmail.com>Cc: Forest Goodhart <forestg at att.net>Subject: RE: [DeTomaso] RadiatorI can 2nd Mikes opinion of the Hall radiator. My car had one in it when I bought it. That radiator with 2 upgraded pusher fans has kept the car cool for 20+ years in South Texas heat.Gray-----Original Message-----From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> On Behalf Of Mike Drew via DeTomasoSent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:08 PMTo: sean mundy <seanmundy at hotmail.com>Cc: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com; Forest Goodhart <forestg at att.net>Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] RadiatorAt least a Hall radiator is easily and cheaply reparable locally, unlike aluminum radiators which can’t be fixed. What is causing your repeated failures? I have seen cars where the front end sheetmetal impinges on the side of the radiator, so that when the body flexes the radiator is stressed, leading to leaks. The radiator should be rubber-mounted top and bottom and there should be no threat of metal-to-metal contact. I have had to use percussive engineering to modify the inner fender to make the requisite clearance. FWIW my car has a Hall radiator still going strong after 25 years.  Lori’s car has the same radiator, rock solid after eight years. The Hall radiator is the only one I would recommend—not because the others aren’t good (some are arguably great), but because you can’t beat the Hall radiator for price vs lifetime performance, coupled with utter simplicity of installation. MikeSent from my iPad> On Oct 27, 2018, at 14:42, sean mundy <seanmundy at hotmail.com> wrote:> > My original rad leaked and the radiatior shop said it was not repairable. I bought a Fluidyne to replace it but it leaked after only 1 year. So after 10 years of continually filling coolant I decided to pay up and replaced it with a  Hall brass radiator which also freakin leaked after 1 year.  So $1k in the hole and I still have a puddle of coolant on my garage floor. Hopefully you have better luck!!> > > >> On Oct 27, 2018, at 1:29 PM, Forest Goodhart <forestg at att.net> wrote:>> >>  If you decide to with fluidyne the best price I found was at summit >> racing and it was in stock.>>    __________________________________________________________________>> >>  From: "djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com" <djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com>>>  To: "detomaso at server.detomasolist.com">>  <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>>>  Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 11:46 AM>>  Subject: [DeTomaso] Radiator>>    I might need a new radiator for my 73 pantera. Would appreciate>>    suggestions on a replacement.>>    Thanks,>>    Dave>>    Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone >> _______________________________________________>>  Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA  Posted emails must not >> exceed 1.5 Megabytes  DeTomaso mailing list >> [1]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>>  [2]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>>  To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,>> etc.)  use the links above.>>  Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward >> any  message posted here to all past, current, or future members of >> the  list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an >> archive  or approve the archiving of list messages.>> >> References>> >>  1. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>>  2. http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>> _______________________________________________>> >> >> Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA Posted emails must not >> exceed 1.5 Megabytes DeTomaso mailing list >> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com >> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>> >> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.>> >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.> _______________________________________________> > > Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA Posted emails must not > exceed 1.5 Megabytes DeTomaso mailing list > DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com > http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.> > Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages._______________________________________________Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes DeTomaso mailing list DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomasoTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages._______________________________________________Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCAPosted emails must not exceed 1.5 MegabytesDeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at server.detomasolist.comhttp://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomasoTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

   use the links above.

   use the links above.