[DeTomaso] Gooseneck fuel filler caps for sale

marshall smith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 25 16:54:13 EDT 2018

Thanks for the great deal on a beautiful part Mike!

Marshall

 Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Gooseneck fuel filler caps for sale
 To: "MARK CHARLTON" <pantera01826 at rogers.com>, "Mike Drew via DeTomaso" <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>, "Detomaso Email List" <detomaso at detomasolist.com>
 Date: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:44 AM

    Personally I thought they
 were laughably cheap considering the

 programming, billet aluminum cost then CNC work that goes
 into them,
    plus they looked a quality
 item.

    I think the
 problem is that some folks associate having a 1970's
 car
    with 1970's prices and are
 oblivious to inflation. A cap purchased in
    1980 for $20 now has a present inflated
 dollar value of a little over
    $61.

    Making these with an aye
 for a chain to allow them to hang from the
    filler neck whilst filling would alleviate
 many losses.

    Julian