[DeTomaso] any reason to keep old monthly newsletters and Profiles?

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 01:21:21 EDT 2018

As long as the documents are currently PDF files, anyone with a full version of Adobe Acrobat can add a navigation index, like a table of contents, which is then searchable and linkable direct to the relevant articles.On Word or some other text document converted to PDF, it used to be as simple as highlighting each article title and setting the style or bookmark, and then each article becomes a clickable link. On older scanned documents, it used to require the user to type the name of each bookmark of Adobe couldn't OCR the titles sufficiently.
I offered to do this back when the effort was started to put these things online, but no one took me up on it.  Unfortunately, I no longer have the software.  Hopefully others can help.
FWIW, I don't think we need the entire text of every newsletter article searchable. It might be nice, but might also result in a lot of irrelevant search results, like searching the DT Mail List archives.  But at a minimum the article titles should definitely be in a searchable index, maybe even with some keywords added to improve possible search results.
This would definitely add value to the POCA website.
Cheers!Garth