[DeTomaso] Vitaloni Mirrors from Pegasus

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:02:09 EDT 2018

Mike,

You are correct that the joint does not have sufficient movement to bend the mirror a full 90 degrees if mounted on the door top. The Baby turbos have a fixed mirror so all the movement is in the housing. With the Vitaloni Californian's it is possible to take a Dremel to the joint and get additional angle in the mirror required for the passenger side. I have not tried such a modification or know whether it is possible with the design of the Baby Turbo, by even if so I think those mirrors look like crap bent at 90 degrees.

I mounted my Baby turbos on a pie shaped piece of steel and it is pushed down behind the gasket in the quarter window, this holds them perfectly in place, loses no discernible visibility and involves no gluing so can be removed easily if so required.

Julian