[DeTomaso] BaT 1972 Pantera - Damaged during test drive

Himes, Terry (397C) Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 2 14:32:46 EDT 2018

Well said!

Except for one thing... realistically, who would buy a car before they drove it??

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
🇺🇸

On 10/2/18, 11:23 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Asa Jay Laughton" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of asajay at asajay.com> wrote:

    I have to chime in here.  I think there is a matter of "vetting" the potential buyer before letting them test drive.  Yes, there are those who just want to burn the tires and see how fast the car goes; these you don't want driving the car.

    A real car guy who appreciates what they are looking to buy, will understand the concepts of horsepower and what it can do.  They will understand the dynamic difference between mashing the throttle down and easing into it.  They will know and feel if the engine is operating properly, if the secondaries for example are working or not.  This what you discover by properly vetting the buyer.

    It's a mid-engine car.  Have they driven anything like that before?  With horsepower?
    What do they do for a living?  What are their hobbies?  What other cars do they own?  And more ...

    The idea is to get comfortable with the buyer.  If you aren't comfortable with the buyer.... they don't get to drive it, until money is in hand and the title has been signed.

    Just my thoughts.
    Asa  Jay

    ⁣Asa  Jay  Laughton, W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, retired
    Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks​