[DeTomaso] BaT 1972 Pantera - Damaged during test drive

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 12:28:46 EDT 2018

When I bought my Pantera, The seller would not allow me to drive it.

He said people could loose control of the car with its power.

At the time I thought this was a little 'odd', but I still bought the car.

Soon thereafter I found that he used the wrong carb cable bracket, and
the secondaries were not opening.

Yea, the car was a lot faster after that quick fix.

Even if insurance covers the damage, there is still a loss in value with
the car now having been in a wreck, minor as it may be.

The driver owes the owner some money, like $10,000, part compensation and part punishment.

Few truly honest people out there... so this won't happen.

I am 'hired' occasionally to drive specialty cars.

This is to diagnose problems, provide my opinion, or to give demo rides to perspective buyers.

I was even asked to drive Bob Benson's Blue Beast at the DeAnza Auto-X ... Just to heat up the tires!

Now that was FUN!

Chuck