[DeTomaso] BaT 1972 Pantera - Damaged during test drive

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Tue Oct 2 11:39:07 EDT 2018

The motorcycle I was talking about is a Suzuki Hayabusa and it is
generally going to appeal to the under 40 year old crotch rocket rider
group. I wouldn't want joy riders coming by to ride it just to see how
fast it is and then getting in over their head. This particular
motorcycle was purchased new and only ridden by myself, so I knew what I
was getting when I bought it and it had a full factory warranty. High
performance motorcycles tend to take a lot more abuse than conventional
types. I personally wouldn't buy a used motorcycle without test riding
it myself and if an owner had an issue with that, I would wonder if
there is something that the owner is trying to hide. Motorcycle shops
allow test rides as long as they feel that the rider is capable of doing
so. The final say about test riding really comes down to the owners and
I do respect their wishes. Of course if the customer wants to put down a
big non refundable deposit if they wreck the thing during testing, then
I would be all in favor of that!