[DeTomaso] NPC Landing on Mars

Patrick HALS patrickhals at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:09:47 EST 2018

Thank you Terry !
I hope I will be able to make Candy Rad-hardened next year !
Working everyday to get her back home safely ASAP.
Start preparing the rocket :>))) and the champagne !
Patrick Hals
+32.476.567.898

Le mar. 27 nov. 2018 à 18:47, Himes, Terry (397C) <Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov>
a écrit :

> Patrick,
>

> As soon as you can make Candy RAD-HARDNED we’ll send it.  Ha!
>
> Oh, and Mars is only about 38% of the gravity on earth. So every 100 lbs
> on Earth,
>
> would weigh only 38 lbs on Mars.
>

> I just added them up, and this is my 10th Mars mission. And they never
> get old. Cool fun stuff.
>

> Our solar arrays deployed last night and she woke up this morning getting
> full power (700 watts)
>
> and doing some spacecraft checkout. As soon as that is done, some more
> images will come
>
> down. But they will be very boring. The idea was to land on the most
> uninteresting place so that
>
> the seismometer would be happy.
>

> What time is it on Mars?  We calculate Mars time using Local Mean Solar
> Time (LMST). As soon
>
> as I hit “Send” it will be 11:43am on Mars for InSight.  (same as MSL)
>

> http://jtauber.github.io/mars-clock/
>

> Terry
>

> *"**A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,*
>
> * stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!**"*
>

> *Terry W. Himes *
>
> *JPL** Jet Propulsion Laboratory*
>
> *Dawn Spacecraft Team*
>
> *Juno Systems & Software Team*
>
> *TGO Sequence Lead *
>
> Phone: (818) 393-6261
>
> Cell:     (818) 653-8213
>
> *thimes at jpl.nasa.gov <thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>*
>
> 🇺🇸
>

> *From: *Patrick HALS <patrickhals at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 9:21 AM
> *To: *"detomaso at server.detomasolist.com" <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
> >
> *Cc: *Terry Himes <Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov>
> *Subject: *NPC Landing on Mars
>

> I have always been intrigued to see one of our members signing " Jet
> Propulsion laboratory" , i. e . Terry Himes .
>
> well, now I know what he does for a living !
>
> And I would like to congratulate our Pantera friend  for his team'success
> of the landing on Mars !
>
> I saw the last seven minutes on Youtube  !  Boy , what a stress !
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVzzgwVyH4Y
>
> Terry, when will you send a Pantera on Mars ?
>
> Pat
>
> Candy 2862
>
> ADA 9608

-------------- next part --------------
   Thank you Terry !
   I hope I will be able to make Candy Rad-hardened next year !A
   Working everyday to get her back home safely ASAP.A
   Start preparing the rocket :>))) and the champagne !A
   Patrick Hals
   +32.476.567.898
   LeA mar. 27 nov. 2018 A A 18:47, Himes, Terry (397C)
   <[1]Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov> a A(c)critA :

   Patrick,

   As soon as you can make Candy RAD-HARDNED weall send it.A  Ha!

   Oh, and Mars is only about 38% of the gravity on earth. So every 100
   lbs on Earth,

   would weigh only 38 lbs on Mars.A

   I just added them up, and this is my 10^th Mars mission. And they never
   get old. Cool fun stuff.

   Our solar arrays deployed last night and she woke up this morning
   getting full power (700 watts)

   and doing some spacecraft checkout. As soon as that is done, some more
   images will come

   down. But they will be very boring. The idea was to land on the most
   uninteresting place so that

   the seismometer would be happy.

   What time is it on Mars?A  We calculate Mars time using Local Mean
   Solar Time (LMST). As soon

   as I hit aSenda it will be 11:43am on Mars for InSight.A  (same as MSL)

   [2]http://jtauber.github.io/mars-clock/

   Terry

   "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch aA plan,

   A stupid enough to try itA and lucky enough to survive!"

   Terry W. HimesA

   JPLA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

   Dawn Spacecraft Team

   Juno Systems & Software Team

   TGO Sequence Lead

   Phone: (818) 393-6261

   Cell:A A A A  (818) 653-8213

   [3]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov

   d--od-,

     I have always been intrigued to see one of our members signing " Jet
     Propulsion laboratory" , i. e . Terry Himes .

   well, now I know what he does for a living !A

   And I would like to congratulate our Pantera friendA  for his
   team'success of the landing on Mars !

   I saw the last seven minutes on YoutubeA  !A  Boy , what a stress !A

   [8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVzzgwVyH4Y

   Terry, when will you send a Pantera on Mars ?A

   Pat

   Candy 2862

   ADA 9608