[DeTomaso] Drive Your Pantera Day

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 18:30:16 EST 2018

We’ve been privileged this fall with some unusually dry, sunny weather for the Pacific Northwest.  Here it is Saturday before Thanksgiving, and we have perfectly blue skies and 52 degrees.  Wonderful.  There was no doubt that a drive was in order, actually the third I’ve been able to do this month.  Left the house, headed up Hwy 18 to Issaquah/Hobart Rd, North to I-90 at Issaquah then East on I-90 to Hwy 18 and South back to Covington over Tiger Mt..  Probably about 25 miles total.  Traffic wasn’t bad, the car is running perfectly, and I was able to do the entire run with the windows down!  I’ll probably still have this grin when I go to sleep tonight.  Life is good!

I’m retiring in 3 months, 13 weeks and 52 days (work days).  Date is actually March 1, and haven’t told the boss yet, but pulled a pretty funny joke on him a couple of weeks back.  A day or two before I had the oil changed in the ’16 Mustang GT.  It has the Perf Pack so it has the sticky Pirelli’s.  Well, they told me that my front tires were great at 7 mm, but the rears, strangely enough, were down to 2!  How did that happen?  Called Discount Tires and orders some new rear tires and made an appointment to have them changed out on Monday on the way home form work.  Before I left the office, I stopped by the boss’s office and casually said “Hey boss, I think tonight is good night to retire . . . “  (look of mild heart attack on boss’s face).  Yeah they told me the rear ties on the ‘Stang were way down so I’m stopping at Discount on the way home to re-tire . . .  (look of heart attack changes to ‘you a-hole, get out of here!).  He still doesn’t think it was very funny😉, and he’s a car guy.

Get out there and drive it!!

Mike Thomas

Pres., Panteras Northwest

206-795-3302