[DeTomaso] headlights

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 18:30:23 EST 2018

Not that I remember. But on Al Blomberg's Bonneville Pantera (a pushbutton) a decade ago, the owner removed the headlight motor & mechanism for reduced complication or radiator access or something, and ran a 1/4" bolt thru the headlight bar to lock it down. At somewhere above 180, wind pressure BROKE the hardware store bolt and pulled the headlights up anyway! They did manage 204 mph, I think so they did fix the problem as that did affect top speed.
Cheers- J Deryke

  Has anyone tried or thought about adding a spring to the front
  headlights.
  A spring to assist the raising of the headlight would make it way
  faster for the motor to bring them up.
  Rich

   use the links above.