[DeTomaso] AC Condenser: Front Mount vs. Stock Rear Location

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Sat Nov 3 19:54:21 EDT 2018

If you are replying to me you apparently do not know that I do not have a conversion. I still use R12 with an expansion valve (variable orifice just like stock, not an evaporator valve) and it operates at around 185 pounds pressure at the condenser. The fans are controlled by a triac switch that starts the fans at 280 pounds pressure. Once the fans come on the pressure drops and fans shut off. Moving at above 20 plus or minus mph fans shut off and do not come back on unless engine temp calls for fan operation.
Forest