[DeTomaso] AC Condenser: Front Mount vs. Stock Rear Location

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Nov 2 22:45:05 EDT 2018

As an addendum to my post for a front-mount condenser, at NAPA years ago I found a semi-truck A/C dryer-can that is a little fatter than stock but also 1" shorter, so fits in the left corner of the stock battery cutout up in the front trunk, without hitting the lid (I have a dropped battery). The sight glass is thus visible with the lid open, the assembly is attractive all aluminum construction and it was less than $20. I'll try to find the part number.
I agree- the stock condenser is bigger and fatter than we need. My current aluminum A/C condenser came from a Toyota mini-pickup, since the cabin space in a little 2 seat pickup is about the same as in a Pantera. It covers about half of my Fluidyne rad surface and when off, apparently does nothing to impede cooling air to the engine rad.
FWIW- J DeRyke