[DeTomaso] Coolant Article

B. SEIB oldwheel at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 2 13:07:36 EDT 2018

No-Rosion seems to think Reverse Osmosis drinking water is the best water to
use without antifreeze. What do you think about that Steve?
Barry

Steve steve at snclocks.com
Thu Nov 1 23:29:41 EDT 2018
Good article - though I will admit I am a bit amazed that the author
described de-ionized and distilled water as being stripped of their
electrons.  Novel thought that.  I suspect the author is doing his best to
report on what he heard, but distilled water has all its electrons.  The
difference between DI and softened water is the softened water has sodium in
place of any hardness that was in the water originally.  DI does not - hence
the "loss" of electrons.

So, guess distilled is best - but, given that antifreeze is buffered to cope
with the initial pH of the water, and, given that the pH, once buffered, is
no longer an issue, I am still comfortable with DI water.  But, will switch
to distilled in the future.  As for softened water - the article doesn't
address the addition of sodium - and residual chlorides from the
regeneration of the ion-exchange resins.  I'm more comfortable with
distilled water.

Thank you for pointing out this article!

Stephen