[DeTomaso] Fidanza flywheel/ARP bolts warning

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon May 28 22:17:57 EDT 2018

I took a look at my flywheels and pressure plates.

My Fidanza flywheel has 3 bolt patterns.  3/8”, 5/16”, and believe it or
not, 1/4”.  All are drilled for shoulder bolts.

My original flywheel is drilled for the 5/16” pattern only.  It has more
holes, but they’re not tapped.

I’m currently running a non-Pantera Centerforce clutch/PP.  The PN is
DF700000.  It is drilled for the 3/8” pattern.

I’m using ARP bolts for a Chevy, which are 3/8".  Ford bolts are 5/16”.

The Chevy bolts are shoulder bolts, but the shoulder portion is too long.
It bottoms out in the flywheel, so I’m running 2 hard washers.  Even with
2 washers, there are threads showing on the back side of the flywheel. I
know, it’s probably better to get proper bolts, but this works fine, and
it’s easy to find Chevy PP bolts.  I thought about cutting the top couple
of threads in the flywheel to allow the bolts to seat properly, but I feel
better running 2 washers.

My original long style PP matches perfectly with the 5/16” pattern in the
Fidanza flywheel.

I also have a dual disc clutch from Mcleod that is going in the Cobra.
It’s drilled for all 3 patterns.  I will be using the 3/8” pattern.

And I thought it was going to be a boring Monday.

On 5/28/18, 4:23 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Thomas Törnblom"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of thomas at hax.se>