[DeTomaso] converting to factory ZF side mounts

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri May 25 17:29:07 EDT 2018

All,

It is hard to tell from the photos so far supplied, but I think the later chassis is different than the previous L model/pre-L and has added bracket provisions for the three anchor points.  I think we really need a photo of a bare chassis from a late car to determine how the three mounting points were added to the late chassis.

The removable bracket is a no-brainer. It remains to be seen what would be required to provide a suitable mounting area for that bracket.

I think this could be an owner/hobbyist item that might warrant building a small production run, lowering the cost, and providing this option for other owners.

Possibly a new IPSCO offering?

Larry