[DeTomaso] Caliper rebuild kits...

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Sun May 20 23:14:29 EDT 2018

Larry,

On my way back to Phoenix. I will call you tomorrow with credit card
information.  Rebuild kits arrived....thanks.

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 312-320-5888

Scottsdale Office | P: 480.535.6656  |  F: 480.535.6628  |  A: 7689 East
Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Chicago Office | P: 312.752.4357  |  F:312.896.5633  |  A: 55 E. Monroe
Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603

www.PatentIt.com

This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.

On Fri, May 18, 2018, 13:32 Steve Lisa <stevelisa at patentit.com> wrote:

> So, we have rebuild kits arriving both this afternoon and tomorrow...to
> late for today.  Thanks Larry!
>
> FYI...we pulled out the existing o-rings,  turned them inside out, and
> swapped the location of the smaller pistons.  It has worked so far.....two
> sessions with a brake pedal.  We have 4 more sessions today.
>
> New motor is running well....so far.....
>
> We will do complete rebuilds on the brakes before next event.
>
> As usual, thanks for the advice.  Much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
> Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
> Direct: 312-320-5888
>
> Scottsdale Office | P: 480.535.6656  |  F: 480.535.6628  |  A: 7689 East
> Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
>
> Chicago Office | P: 312.752.4357  |  F:312.896.5633  |  A: 55 E. Monroe
> Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
>
> www.PatentIt.com
>
> This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
> confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
> error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018, 12:51 <jderyke at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Steve, cheap kits with new square sealing rings and boots are available
>> for both ends from all the Pantera vendors. But there's a 50:50 chance that
>> a kit will NOT fix the leakage either front or back. The reason is, many
>> Pantera owners simply refuse to do preventative maintenance on their cars.
>> All British Girling calipers use nickel plated mild steel pistons (clue:
>> OEMs are magnetic), so old water-soaked brake (and clutch) fluid rusts them
>> like a neglected bumper. Once the iron cylinders or steel pistons are
>> pitted, all is lost for cheap repairs. Honing the cylinders oversizes the
>> calipers for normal kits, which develop 1300 psi during hard braking.
>> Adding a kit to pitted components will tear up the new seals almost
>> instantly. Girling no longer offers new pistons or cylinders and a very few
>> shops make such things. Porsche rebuilds their early piitted pistons by
>> chemically stripping the plating, welding up pits, grinding back to size,
>> plating with copper and polishing, then top-plating with chrome or nickel.
>> Obviously, when reconditioned or billet pistons *are* found, they are
>> very expensive. Larry Stock reconditions OEM brake calipers but if class
>> rules allow, you'll be far ahead to upgrade to modern lightweight aluminum
>> calipers with stainless steel pistons, neither of which will rust. Good
>> luck- J DeRyke

-------------- next part --------------
   Larry,A
   On my way back to Phoenix. I will call you tomorrow with credit card
   information.A  Rebuild kits arrived....thanks.

   On Fri, May 18, 2018, 13:32 Steve Lisa <[2]stevelisa at patentit.com>
   wrote:

   So, we have rebuild kits arriving both this afternoon and tomorrow...to
   late for today.A  Thanks Larry!
   FYI...we pulled out the existing o-rings,A  turned them inside out, and
   swapped the location of the smaller pistons.A  It has worked so
   far.....two sessions with a brake pedal.A  We have 4 more sessions
   today.A
   New motor is running well....so far.....
   We will do complete rebuilds on the brakes before next event.
   As usual, thanks for the advice.A  Much appreciated.

   On Fri, May 18, 2018, 12:51 <[4]jderyke at aol.com> wrote:

[...]
   Email: [7]SteveLisa at PatentIt.comA
   [1][8]www.PatentIt.com