[DeTomaso] POCA Fun Rally - Lamborghini Huracan drive at Speed Vegas

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun May 20 10:35:58 EDT 2018

I’m pretty sure it was a the ‘basic’ Huracan, if there is such a thing, but it was not the Performate.  Also pretty sure it was AWD.  I wanted the coaching as I was not farmiliar with the track, but I would not be surprised that if you were a frequent flyer and had x number of laps (read $$) on their track or the particular instructor had ridden with you a number of times that there would be less ‘help’.

The real challenge was getting comfortable planting my right foot flat on the floor up the front stretch with 500+ hp behind me not being able to see over the rise mid-stretch.  The speed counter on the video showed a max of 128 but their gun at the end of the stretch caught me at 142 before the braking for turn one.  Trouble with this was that you’re so focused on the driving and it’s over so quickly that you forget what you’re driving.  You walk away and go “wow, that was a Lambo?”.  The sound of the V-10 is amazing, but it was a toss up between that and a Ferrari 458.  I’ve driven a 430 Scuderia at a track at Disney World a few years ago.  Felt much like a go-kart than the Lambo, that thing is a bit of a beast.

Mike