[DeTomaso] Upper deck latch

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat May 19 10:35:30 EDT 2018

Robert,

Yes, the U-shaped rod was only used on the early cars, replaced by a straight rod and finally the definitive third version, a stamped steel catch.

My wife’s car #1765 had the same type of setup you have. We bought a late style catch (they only cost $25 or so) and were able to fit it by carefully drilling two holes in the underside of the frame of the decklid, and fitting it with Nutserts and studs.  That has worked quite well (although the decklid started popping open on the drive to Las Vegas this year until Forest thought to gently bend the catch tang so it engaged the latch better).

Mike

Sent from my iPad