[DeTomaso] Upper deck latch

Robert Stroj npdrs at maui.net
Sat May 19 04:38:00 EDT 2018

Hi, I had my upper deck latch break and we repaired it by welding a new
steel rod.
The problem is that it keeps bending, making the deck move, so I am looking
for a replacement.

The problem is that mine does not look like any of two styles I seen on
parts diagrams.
It is '71 flat deck car and latch looks like a classic, "U" bent steel rod
extending back to engage with the lower latch.

On Wilkinson page I found picture for early latch, but mine definitely does
not go straight across between the bolts; it extends quite a bit back.

Does someone know if this style sold by vendors would work on early deck or
are some dimensions different?

Thanks, Robert