[DeTomaso] Pantera low fuel pressure indication--FIXED!

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 18 19:06:33 EDT 2018

All,

Sometimes the hardest problems to figure out are the easiest to fix.

I have a fairly convoluted fuel plumbing scheme which, I realized while walking through Target, could lead to an air bubble in a line. With a small amount of fuel in the tank and the system otherwise dry, the fuel pump was sucking a mix of fuel and air.

So I put another eight gallons of gas in the car. It now shows full on the gauge. This raised the fuel column in the tank and made the fuel pump's job much easier. Turned the key, VAROOM and it started right up, and the gauge immediately jumped here: