[DeTomaso] rusty tires?

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:38:53 EDT 2018

Do your tire sidewalls ever get that brownish almost hazy rusty look?
This seems to happen on some of mine over time.

I bought some stuff called Shin-Etsu grease to use on all the rubber trim
on my S2000. It conditions it and makes it stay supple and effective.
The Honda crowd swear by it and it works great for that. Of course I think
it could be used on any rubber trim on any car safely.
So I decided to try it on one of the Honda tires which are not quite 3
years old but showed some brown hazing developing. It's always garaged
right next to the Pantera so it's not because of too much sun.
I put a little of the miracle goo on a rag and applied just a small amount
then wiped it down with a clean rag.
It's been about a month and it still looks good.
I've used other tire treatments in the past and the hazing always came
back. Or it was too shiny and looked like poo.
This stuff gave it a nice dullish sheen like a fresh tire. At first it
looks semi shiny but after a day it calms down.
I'm not sure how long it will stay looking like that but I'm happy to
finally find something that actually looks good and doesn't harm the rubber.
I bought a tube from Handa.com for about $13.
https://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000-04maint.html
It may be hard to see the hazing in the pics but hopefully you'll see the
difference.

Just wanted to share a tip to hopefully keep all your tires looking fresh!
Matt
3584