[DeTomaso] Replacement Seats

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Wed May 16 15:48:32 EDT 2018

The Corbeau LG1 seats look great, and recline.  I would have used them for
sure but they are not FIA race legal.  They are much better suited for the
street cars than the Corbeau Forza Sport race seats that I installed.
There are two sizes of the Corbeau LG1 seats -- which ones did you use, and
do both fit?

NOTE: the Corbeau Forza Sport seats are not reclining and fit just fine
between the rails with side mount kits.  Without a helmet or roll bar, they
also fit fine vertically without any need to lower the floors - some of the
pictures show the difference in height between a lowered floor and not
lowered. I, however, cut the floor to make room for helmets to be sure we
don't hit the roll bar in a shunt.  For safety, and since we were not doing
long enduro's, we rely on adjustability  through slots in the side mounts.
I am told that slider kits exist for the seat.  I am told that Corbeau had
a slider kit for the Forza Sport seat as well.

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 312-320-5888

<http://www.patentit.com>

*Scottsdale Office* | *P*: 480.535.6656  |  *F:* 480.535.6628  |  *A:* 7689
East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

*Chicago Office *|* P:* 312.752.4357  |  *F:* 312.896.5633  |  *A:* 55 E.
Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
www.PatentIt.com

This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 12:31 PM, Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso <

>    Will makes a good point- having the world's most comfortable seat means
>    nothing if it won't fit between the door sill and console; the Pantera
>    is quite narrow in that area. I remember spending over a week trimming
>    and fiddling with leather Ferrari seats in a '73 so as to make them fit
>    and move back and forth on their adjusters. The rake knobs were also
>    functional but were (in my estimation) no more comfortable or
>    convenient  than modified '71 Pantera seats, at 4X the cost.
>    YMMV- J DeRyke

-------------- next part --------------
   The Corbeau LG1 seats look great, and recline.A  I would have used them
   for sure but they are not FIA race legal.A  They are much better suited
   for the street cars than the Corbeau Forza Sport race seats that I
   installed.A  There are two sizes of the Corbeau LG1 seats -- which ones
   did you use, and do both fit?A
   NOTE: the Corbeau Forza Sport seats are not reclining and fit just fine
   between the rails with side mount kits.A  Without a helmet or roll bar,
   they also fit fine vertically without any need to lower the floors -
   some of the pictures show the difference in height between a lowered
   floor and not lowered. I, however, cut the floor to make room for
   helmets to be sure we don't hit the roll bar in a shunt.A  For safety,
   and since we were not doing long enduro's, we rely on adjustabilityA
   through slots in the side mounts.A  I am told that slider kits exist
   for the seat.A  I am told that Corbeau had a slider kit for the Forza
   Sport seat as well.A A  A

   Regards,A
   Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
   Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
   Direct: 312-320-5888
   [1][SGL-Email-Logo.jpg]

   Scottsdale OfficeA |A P:A 480.535.6656A  |A A F:A 480.535.6628A
   |A A A:A 7689 East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

   Chicago OfficeA |A P: 312.752.4357A  |A  F: 312.896.5633A  |A  A: 55 E.
   Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
   [2]www.PatentIt.com
   This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
   confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
   error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank
   you.
   On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 12:31 PM, Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso

     A  A Will makes a good point- having the world's most comfortable
     seat means
     A  A nothing if it won't fit between the door sill and console; the
     Pantera
     A  A is quite narrow in that area. I remember spending over a week
     trimming
     A  A and fiddling with leather Ferrari seats in a '73 so as to make
     them fit
     A  A and move back and forth on their adjusters. The rake knobs were
     also
     A  A functional but were (in my estimation) no more comfortable or
     A  A convenientA  than modified '71 Pantera seats, at 4X the cost.
     A  A YMMV- J DeRyke
     A  A -----Original Message-----
     A  A From: Will Kooiman <[4]will.kooiman at gmail.com>
     A  A To: Larry-Ohio Time Corp <[5]Larry at ohiotimecorp.com>; 'Robert
     Pink'
     A  A <[6]robpink2012 at gmail.com>; 'Ed Mendez' <[7]edducati at mac.com>
     A  A Cc: 'De Tomaso List' <[8]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
     A  A Sent: Wed, May 16, 2018 11:32 am
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Replacement Seats
     A  A I have Corbeau LG1 seats. They were the lowest Corbeau seats
     short of
     A  A the
     A  A shell racing seats.
     A  A I have dropped floor pans with a Porsche mounting kit from
     Corbeau.
     A  A Apparently, 911 floor pans are flat like Pantera pans, so these
     were
     A  A the
     A  A recommended kit.
     A  A They are maybe a bit taller than stock, but they are just the
     right
     A  A size
     A  A for the car. Keep in mind - floor pans are dropped slightly,
     but these
     A  A seats look like they belong in the car.
     A  A I previously tried one of the $200 no-name seats from Summit.
     It was
     A  A way
     A  A too tall and way too wide for the Pantera.
     A  A Me like my LG1s.
     A  A --
     A  A Will
     A  A On 5/16/18 10:27 AM, "Larry-Ohio Time Corp"
     <[1][9]Larry at ohiotimecorp.com>
     A  A wrote:
     A  A >Robert I have two sets of Fiero seats to sell if you or anyone
     else is
     A  A >interested. They WILL need to be recovered.
     A  A >
     A  A >
     A  A >Larry - Cleveland
     A  A >
     A  A >
     A  A >
     A  A >
     A  A >-----Original Message-----
     A  A >From: DeTomaso [[2]mailto:[10]detomaso-bounces@
     server.detomasolist.com] On
     A  A Behalf
     A  A >Of Robert Pink
     A  A >Sent: May 15, 2018 11:34 PM
     A  A >To: Ed Mendez
     A  A >Cc: De Tomaso List
     A  A >Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Replacement Seats
     A  A >
     A  A >Thanks - have been looking at Fiero seats but hard to find -
     will
     A  A check
     A  A >out
     A  A >the Sparco R700
     A  A >
     A  A >On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 8:30 PM Ed Mendez