[DeTomaso] dim hazard switch light

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:43:12 EDT 2018

 I installed a replacement hazard flasher switch purchased on
ebay. The only apparent difference between the new and the old is a small
diode
soldered between the tabs.
I also replaced the flasher as it was non functional as well.
Everything works as expected except that now with the car running the
hazard switch displays a dimmish light all the time.
I don't recall it doing this with the old switch.
I double checked to make sure the leads were hooked up as before.
I can only surmise it has something to do with the additional diode. Maybe
a "safety" feature?
I don't really like the idea of a red light on all the time on the dash.
Anybody have any ideas why this switch would be lit up and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Matt
3584