[DeTomaso] Replacement Seats

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Tue May 15 15:41:49 EDT 2018

Strictly opinion, but stock early Pantera 2-piece seats can be made comfortable to nearly everyone in a few minutes. The backs are held in by two pivot bolts near your hips, and two straps in back. The straps can be slotted so seat rake can be adjusted. I pinned aluminum knobs onto stock bolts so I can change rake while underway. I'm 6'2" and my helmet does not touch the roof with a comfortable seat rake. When Judy (5'2") drives, I straighten up the seat rake so she's also comfortable. A semi-flat firewall makes the passenger seat comfortable as well. With the seat raked and slid back, my toes cannot touch the firewall! Makes me laugh when people talk of how nice  'Vette seats are, of which most are take-outs because they weren't comfortable for their original owners.
My 2¢- J DeRyke