[DeTomaso] Replacement Seats

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Tue May 15 15:03:30 EDT 2018

All,

I bought some FIA legal Corbeau Forza Sport race race seats, and cut the
floor down (triangulated from the front cross member - but not removing it)
so as to allow my helmet to clear the roll cage in case of an accident.
The seats are not adjustable, but are incredibly comfortable.  As Mike
noted, I needed seats that were not thick in the bottom -- again for helmet
clearance from the cage. I am 5'9" and 208 lbs (no jokes please!).

My son-in-law races the car as well, and he is 6'1" and fits fine.  I would
say I could use an inch closer (so I race with a 1" foam insert).  I just
put a removable race steering wheel in the car, which will also bring the
steering wheel 1/2" closer to me.  I will be using this set up for the
first time this weekend at PIR.

Pictures of the floor build, seats, cage and general fitment are shared on
this file.  Originally, I had lowered only the driver seat, and some of the
pictures show pretty clearly how much higher the passenger seat is.
However, since we intend to also race Hill Climbs and other possible over
the road races (SSC????), I went ahead this year and lowered the passenger
side for helmet clearance as well.

   - Driver seat only lowered, with original steering wheel -
   https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17mL-EAJsDVK5jBQtDf3CDlBoGv7MCc-o?usp=sharing
   - Both seats lowered, removable wheel/adaptor -
   https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dK3-85tRHfgy8x04R9dMps3qL70o5tIh?usp=sharing

I hope the links work.

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 312-320-5888

<http://www.patentit.com>

*Scottsdale Office* | *P*: 480.535.6656  |  *F:* 480.535.6628  |  *A:* 7689
East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

*Chicago Office *|* P:* 312.752.4357  |  *F:* 312.896.5633  |  *A:* 55 E.
Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
www.PatentIt.com

This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.