[DeTomaso] Shift Happens - Broken Motor Mount Bolt

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon May 14 15:19:32 EDT 2018

Scott, check the rubber insulators between each motor mount. The design of the motor mounts weight-stresses one side of the rubber discs more than the other. Bolts then break when the rubber collapses into a wedge and bends the bolts- either gr-5 or gr-8. A time-honored temporary fix is to rotate the discs 180 degrees while waiting for new rubber to arrive.  At least that way you can drive the car while you wait.
Cheers- J DeRyke