[DeTomaso] Shift Happens - Broken Motor Mount Bolt

Scott Mead Photography scott at scottmeadphotography.com
Mon May 14 13:47:15 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone -

I was under the car this weekend, diagnosing my paperweight of an A/C
system, when I noticed something a little unnerving: The right-front motor
mount bolt had sheared off in the block, and the motor had shifted. With the
hole in the motor mount no longer lining up with bolt remnants, there's no
way I can "easy out" the bolt. Aside from pulling the engine/ZF, can I take
out the other bolt, loosen the bolts on the other side and (using a block of
wood under the oil pan), jack the engine up a bit to re-align or remove the
motor mount to extract the bolt? Are there any other options I haven't
thought of?

Thanks,

Scott (caretaker of 5638)

SMP-Slogo