[DeTomaso] Bonhams : 1987 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-SVIN. 1A9PN8746JD111030

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 12:54:14 EDT 2018

I should rephrase; not so much the color (being an owner of a white version of one those lesser valued GT5 cars) as the white on white on white, IMO it is just screaming for some contrast, if only bumpers, door trim, handles etc. and despite the contrasting rockers looking good on narrow body cars I personally think the 5S needs a body color rocker, so more reason for the other aforementioned accents/contrasts.

Perhaps it will go for $125K, I suspect maybe closer to $175K? There  is the aspect of provenance being a Shelby owned car that some will pay extra for. In addition and often the case with a project there can be a premium with more buyers looking to get in at the low end. If you can live with everything else, it wouldn't be hard to source a 351C and ZF and have this back on the road as a driver for $20-25K.

Julian