[DeTomaso] Clutch question

djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com
Fri Mar 30 17:38:53 EDT 2018

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
------ Original message------From: djenkins at vanguardtrailer.comDate: Fri, Mar 30, 2018 4:20 PMTo: MSM Contractors;Cc: Subject:Re: [DeTomaso] Clutch question

    Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. I just want to say this forum is the greatest thing next to owning a Pantera. Where else will people you don't know or never met help you for free!
Best Regards,Dave5135
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
------ Original message------From: MSM Contractors Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2018 3:05 PMTo: djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com;Cc: Subject:Re: [DeTomaso] Clutch question
You can look with a flashlight under the dash.Push the clutch pedal slightly by hand and you can see it pushing the clutch master cylinder.If the yoke goes directly to the M/C then you have old direct style.  If you see some linkage like a boomerang then you have assist linkage.
By pushing it you should be able to see if there is slop.  If there is slop, need to work on it. No slop, probably ok.Then you are probably looking at flywheel with hot spots and / or worn clutch.If you have to change clutch, please do a lot of research on what to put back in .ALWAYS resurface flywheel and install new pilot bushing.  Been a lot written on this on forums.
Good Luck, David

On Mar 30, 2018, at 1:15 PM, djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com wrote:

    Thanks. I am not sure if I have It. How can I check
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
------ Original message------From: MSM Contractors Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2018 12:58 PMTo: djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com;Cc: Subject:Re: [DeTomaso] Clutch question
Dave,
If you have the clutch assist linkage, those can wear and cause all sorts of weird problems.
Just a thought,
Good Luck
David Finley

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 12:54 PM, djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com wrote:
>
>   When I release the clutch pedal from a full stop and in 1st there is a
>   uneven feeling in the clutch pedal release. A mechanic I sort of trust
>   says it's the flywheel and maybe the clutch. Anyone ever had the same
>   issue.
>   Thanks,
>   Dave
>   Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone

   Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 12:54 PM,[5] djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com wrote:
>
>   When I release the clutch pedal from a full stop and in 1st there is a
>   uneven feeling in the clutch pedal release. A mechanic I sort of trust
>   says it's the flywheel and maybe the clutch. Anyone ever had the same
>   issue.
>   Thanks,
>   Dave
>   Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
>
> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the
links above.

> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message
 posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also gran
t the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of l
ist messages.