[DeTomaso] Clutch question

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 15:47:12 EDT 2018

It is likely the flywheel. Slipping the clutch at stops or holding the car at stops with the clutch in tends to wear or glaze the friction surface, which can be renewed by a machine shop at about 1/2 the cost of a new flywheel.. And when you replace or repair the flywheel, replace the clutch disc and pilot bushing and carefully inspect the clutch friction surface for cracks or discoloration whiich may indicate more glaze  That should solve your shuddering problems. Good luck-

When I release the clutch pedal from a full stop and in 1st there is a
uneven feeling in the clutch pedal release. A mechanic I sort of trust
says it's the flywheel and maybe the clutch. Anyone ever had the same
issue.
Thanks,
Dave
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone