[DeTomaso] 1765 with newly painted wheels

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 13:05:41 EDT 2018

Mike,

They are 16/17. The process was simple but it took much longer than promised. I brought all four wheels/tires plus a stock wheel to the shop. I actually took the stock wheel to their paint supplier and got a color match and then carried the paint back.

They were to remove tires, blast and paint the wheels and reinstall and balance tires along with new valve stems. Cost was $125 each ($500 total). I saved a bit of money by doing the legwork to get the paint.

It was supposed to take 2-3 weeks but took almost 3 months (!). The shop got a bit behind, then they messed up one of the wheels and there were bubbles in the paint so they had to strip and redo it, which required them to get more paint, etc etc.

Stuff happens.

They are perfect now though!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone