[DeTomaso] Looking for a Pantera Chassis

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 14:42:42 EDT 2018

Jeff,

State Farm properly paid the maximum amount provided with my agreed value policy. Trust me on this, that payment is not fully covering the expenses. Not even close. You have heard the term "He's got more money than sense". I think they had me in mind.

It just seemed wrong to have a perfectly repaired front end and just do a paint blend to put 2511 back on the road. The entire car was taken down to bare metal and any previously poorly repaired areas were properly restored. Minor issues saw both rockers removed but there was zero internal rust discovered. Also removed and straightened the entire rear panel as it called for more than just slide hammers and filler.

Plus this seemed the perfect time to upgrade to a CHI/Blue Thunder 404 Cleveland stroker, add Scott Bell's electric steering, Kirks HID headlights and flat firewall kit..... you get the picture. ;-)

This is a complete body and paint restoration and not just collision repair. I think everyone will be highly impressed once 2511 returns to public view.

Larry