[DeTomaso] Port matching heads to headers?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 12:43:24 EDT 2018

> I found that a set of the exhaust port tongues revised the shape of my
stock 4V head ports to a pretty nice match to the headers.

CHI 4V heads have 4V ports only on the intake side.  The exhaust side is
not 4V and I wouldn't try to run a port stuffer.  On iron 4V heads, we have
seen an increase in average power with the MPG Stinger type inserts on both
Pantera shorty and Mustang long tube headers.  Peak power didn't
necessarily increase but the low and mid range picked up.

Dan Jones