[DeTomaso] Port matching heads to headers?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 16:08:45 EDT 2018

All,

Slowly, much like the repairs to 2511, my engine is being assembled, and my engine builder posed a question I do not know how to answer.

I am using the 4-barrel CHI heads and blue thunder intake, 404 stroker, GTS tri-y headers.

Exhaust ports on my heads are not CNC machined but remain as cast.

Question:

What sort of heads to headers port matching should be done?

None? Match to gasket? Or???

Any wisdom you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry