[DeTomaso] Deck lid Shocks for cars with Wings

Michael Cox coxmichaelt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:26:43 EST 2018

Since we are talking about decklid struts, does anyone have advice
for making them last? I suspect the fact I don't open the decklid very
often works against me but struts won't last more than a couple
years on my car. I only open the decklid to fill up on gas and the
occasional visual check. I've tried OEM and a few different
replacements and all seem to last about the same. I have OEM
installed now but I'll probably go back to one of the cheaper models
listed in the SOBill database the next time I get tired of propping
the decklid up.

Not that it matters but no wing, no rib midyear 71. Best solution so far
has been a prop rod that attached to the strut to support it in the
open position. I haven't checked the vendors recently for prices
either, there may be a carb rebuild in my future so it is starting to
get interesting for me. . .

   --michael cox