[DeTomaso] Camber locks?

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sat Mar 3 15:19:54 EST 2018

Camber locks are not necessary if you NEVER, EVER hit curbs, potholes or road debris with the front tires. If you can arrange that and still drive your car, please let us know what country you're living in!
FACT: the stock upper ball joint bolts CANNOT be sufficiently tightened to keep the ball joints from shifting with hard impacts. There are several ways to fix this and the solutions are all called 'camber locks'.
Note also, really hard impacts off-center to one front wheel will also damage many other things besides camber settings. I've fixed bent front spindles, a-arms, wheels and steering racks for inattentive drivers.
J DeRyke