[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Service life of poly-urethane bushings

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Jun 30 17:57:46 EDT 2018

Dear Forum,

                             I installed poly-urethane bushings about 18-20
years ago.   Now there seems to be a little bit of play in the right front
suspension without trauma or incident.  The amateur mechanics here suggest
that the poly-urethane bushings are the main suspects.   Externally, they
look fine.   The left side is tight.

                             So, rubber bushings go bad over time
(decades?).   Do poly-urethane bushings go bad over a similar time?   Is
this a typical failure mode?

                                         Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles