[DeTomaso] Mid-Ohio and Road America

Jim Kosloskey jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com
Mon Jun 25 09:43:16 EDT 2018

All,

This past weekend I helped Steve Lisa and his crew as they competed their
1963.5 Galaxie 500 Tiny Lund tribute car at Mid-Ohio in the SVRA Grand Prix.

Steve as you all probably know bought Asa Jay's Pantera, It is in the
Pacific Northwest right now so Steve and his team entered the Galaxie this
year at Mid-Ohio.

I had a great time. Steve and his team's joy of racing and involvement with
race fans was incredible to observe.

And the race fans in attendance swarmed his paddock. Everyone warmly
welcomed under the canopy to enjoy the car and the interaction with Steve
and the crew.

Most of the racing from Friday and Saturday was in the rain. Steve and the
crew had to make multiple setup changes sometimes due to the
unpredictability of the weather - but they made every session. The same
could not be said for a lot of the teams.

But on Sunday with the last 2 races (a Sprint and a 1 hour Enduro) the track
dried and the air was cool. Steve turned in some of his best times in the
Sprint and ended up placing 3rd in the Enduro out of a field of 27 cars! All
of the other cars being sports cars (Mustangs, Corvettes, Porches, and a
Viper) on a road course.

I was able to observe a number of laps over the weekend and I can tell you
Steve is a very good driver. His crew (son Tony and friend Chas) had the car
ready every time. Steve's good friend Doug Rudy was also on hand to help
out. I tried to stay out of the way, keep records, and help where needed.
There were some wait times but I learned a lot from these guys and
thoroughly enjoyed myself.

So now for Road America. Steve and his team will once again be competing the
Galaxie July 18-21 at the Road America track in Wisconsin. I have a
scheduling conflict so I cannot make it.

But even though he is not racing the Pantera this year, if you can take the
time to support Steve (especially the Great Lakes chapter Pantera owners) by
attending one or more days (be sure to stop by the paddock) I think that
would be great. I know Steve and his crew would be delighted to see you
there.

Also if you have the time and interest, I am sure Steve would welcome a
couple of additional helpers from the stable of Pantera Owners. It is a full
weekend but it is a great time I can assure you. If you are willing to help
out just contact Steve via his list or directly if you have his contact
information.

I am so glad I could make time this past weekend to help out a little and
just hang out with these remarkable people.

Jim Kosloskey